Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Telling Stories

This is a photo of Grace while she told this very interesting story. If she wasn’t so cute and expressive while she was telling it, it might not have been so entertaining due to the graphic nature of the content. I’ll give you some of my favorite parts (And yes, everything ends with an exclamation point):… “The dinosaurs ate us ‘cause they were hungry! Again! Over and over and over and over again! And then there were six tigers! And six dinosaurs! And the tigers will ate us ‘cause they were hungry! And then there were a lot of tigers! And they were eating that house all gone (pointing to the next-door-neighbor’s house)! ‘Cause they were hungry! And they ate all the things in that house! Cause they were hungry! And then there was a baby. This baby (pointing to Jacob), and then… well, next… and then there was a big, big, big, daddy one! And it ate baby brother! (Then, responding to all our looks of shock and surprise) And we’ll be sad if it ate baby brother, and we got a new one. We’ll get a new one after the tiger ate this one, we’ll get another one, I promise. And then it will ate you (pointing to Emma) and… and then we’ll get another one for you. You guys will get more another Emma. Kay? And then your eyes (Emma’s)! And then they will eat your eyes! And well get more eyes, I promise. And then I saved the tigers with my foots! And then the tigers ate my foots.”

Sometimes I worry about the things she thinks about. Where did all this blood and gore come from? Well, at least she was clear about the animals intentions. “They were HUNGRY!” And at least all that was lost is easily replaceable. “We'll get another one, I PROMISE!”

5 comments:

Sarie said...

Such an intense imagination! I love it! That story really suits everything else you say about her plus the photos. What a great little girl! And I love all the Jacob photos and updates. Great to read about you guys Amy.

Emily said...

Fun to see all the updates. You guys look happy and busy!

Misty Moncur said...

Kids. Sometimes I have no idea what they are talking about no matter how earnestly they are telling me something important to them. I'm such a loser, I just repeat the last intelligible word they said as a question and they think I'm interested and go on.

Example:
Kami: And Zachy said I'm not in charge because I don't have shoes on my ears boohoohoo waaa!

Me: Your ears?

Kami: Mmmhmm waaa! And I want to be in charge of the donkeys! Boohoohoo hoo!

Jared and Laura said...

I got your e-mail a little while ago with your blog info...it's such a cute blog! Congratulations on your new little addition, he's adorable. Jared and I have a blog, it's not very exciting, but here's the address: jaredandlaurablog.blogspot.com

Jared and Laura said...

And I did link to your blog...hope that's okay.
-Laura

Amy's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones