Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Willows Camping Disaster

So, it's been forever since I have posted anything to this blog. We went camping in the mountains last September. It was quite the memorable experience. I don’t remember why, but Ricky was in Salt Lake and couldn’t come. It was Grace and me, Daniel, Tasha, and William Robison, Mike, Molly, and Brooklyn Trussell, and Matt Leitch.

These photos look great, but the outing ended up being a nightmare. Everything was going well until I put Grace to bed. The adults were all sitting around the camp fire trying to visit, and Grace kept crying from her tent. I had to keep hiking up to her and calm her down. It was getting kind of frustrating. Then came the really fun part. Grace got sick. Really sick. I hiked up to her to calm her down again and try to get her back to sleep but when I unzipped the tent I discovered that she had puked all over herself and our bedding and the tent. Nasty puke. She’d just eaten a ton of food at dinner, and, well, I won’t go into details. So I had to calm her down, and take everything out of the tent. It was already dark and there was no way to clean our stuff. So, what were we going to do? I tried to make it work. We even considered sleeping in the car. But Grace kept throwing up, and she needed to be home. We left all our things and drove home. Fortunately, Grace slept the whole way and didn’t throw up in the car. But she was up most of the night throwing up. I took her to urgent care the next morning.
Molly and Brooklyn chillin' on the hammock.
William had fun getting messy in the dirt. And eating it too, apparently.

No comments:

Amy's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones