On the drive up, I fell asleep around Ogden. Ricky and I have driven to Montana together before, so I thought he knew how to get there. It's pretty basic. You pretty much just stay on I-15 most of the way. Well, around Tremonton, the freeway splits. It's kind of confusing. You sort of have to exit to stay on I-15. Well, Ricky went the wrong way. I should have noticed, I guess. I remember thinking, "Wow, where's Idaho Falls already?" and "I don't remember seeing that before." 3 1/2 hours later I see a sign that says, "Welcome to Oregon." Great. We went to Boise. I called my sister to let her know we would be late. She didn't believe me. She kept saying, "No, where are you really?" Over and over again. I actually got really mad at her. So our 8 hour trip turned into a 14 hour trip. Not so fun with two kids in tow. But we eventually made it.
We played lots of games. Cards, Cranium, etc. I love playing games with my brother, Brook. He makes everything hilarious. He did a great impression of a volcano and Elvis. (at separate times)
We visited Faust Farms. Picnic, horses, and the river. Oh, the river. It was wonderful.
We spent a couple days at the lake. It was all great except the kayaks. I swear the one I had was defective. I kept going in circles all over the lake. It was ridiculous. We camped in tents and had fireworks.
After the lake, we were all a little burnt. Then a bunch of us got sick. Throw up sick. I don't think it was food poisoning, because not everyone got sick at the same time. It was more of a 24-hour kind of bug. Grace got sick. It was so, so sad. One of those times when your motherly instincts kick into gear and you would do anything for your kid. Including sleeping on the bathroom floor all night. Poor thing kept dry heaving every 30 minutes or so. The funny thing was, I still had a great time. It was kind of fun being sick with my whole family.
Well, here are a few photos from the trip. These are all taken by my sister-in-law, Tasha Robison.




1 comment:
Amy, I love it! It brings back such great memories of our trip.
Love Ya,
Tasha
Post a Comment