Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Playhouse

Chase’s birthday was back in May. His parents got him this awesome playhouse and the whole family got together one Saturday to help build it. It was seriously such a fun day. I love following instructions and putting things together. I even love the tedious things like putting washers on all the bolts (and you would not believe how many bolts there were.)
The instructions stated that two “able” people could put the thing together in like 8 or 12 hours or something ridiculous like that. I don’t know what they meant by “able.” Chase’s dad had worked on it for several hours before we all got together and there were 8 adults working on it the whole of Saturday and it still didn’t get done. But it was still a super fun day. And it only took a couple more days I think to finish it. But all the hard work was definitely worth it.
Chase: "I just knew you loved me, Mommy!"
Complete with rock climbing wall, tunnel, swings, sandbox...
...upper level and slide. And he has this dome thing too. What a great back yard, huh? My biggest complaint about our townhome, tiny back yard.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the Ipod and skating pictures. She is getting so big! That is an amazing playhouse! My kids would LOVE that!

Misty Moncur said...

Yeah, mine would love it for like a week and then never look at it again. It would be $1500 down the drain. Maybe I could make it into my reading nook after that....

Amy's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones