Monday, July 14, 2008

Settlement Canyon

Several weeks ago we went camping up in Settlement Canyon. I must be honest and say it wasn’t my favorite camping experience. In fact, I haven’t had a very enjoyable camping experience for quite some time. For more on that, see my last camping post: The Willows Camping Disaster posted in May. I think Ricky’s family is to blame for the lack of camping enjoyment. Ever since I met Ricky, certain terms have begun to take on a whole new meaning. Like “camping,” or “cabin” for example. I’m just not very good at “roughing it” anymore. When I was growing up in Montana I could run barefoot on our gravel road. My tough feet are gone now. And maybe my tough spirit of adventure too. (Picture me dropping my head in shame.)
Well, where was I? Right, camping up in Settlement Canyon. We had a fairly good group. There was Dan, Tasha, Will, & baby Nick; Mike, Molly, & Brooklyn; Ricky, me, & Grace; Matt & Kaylee Leitch, and Hannah. Here are a few highlights: William would run all around calling for Brooklyn. He loves her. It’s adorable. Tasha & Molly were in charge of dinner. We had some super yummy (low carb) tin foil dinners. Hannah’s tent wasn’t zipping up correctly so she didn’t end up using it. Instead, we used it as a “time out” tent. It was really quite handy. And of course, my favorite was seeing William’s naked butt when his dad took him out of the tent to go pee in the morning. (Pictured above.)

And here are a few lowlights: We had some annoying drunken neighbors with annoying drunken music. Ricky walked over, was super polite, and kindly asked them if they could turn it down. I think they just glared at him or something. (This was a whole ago, and I don’t have the best memory.) Anyways, they didn’t turn it down. Most of us just shrugged it off and decided not to let it beg us. Some people (I wont name names, but I will say that my mother raised us well enough to know how to stay out of trouble AND marry people who also know) were a bit more perturbed and wanted to make a big deal about it. Fortunately no one got into a fight.
So here are Grace and William arguing. They are really good at it.
I think Grace must have won this time.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Not ricky's family, just KIDS! Camping sucks with kids! Actually I've never attempted it because I HATE camping with out kids, so I know it would be AWFUL! Last time I was six weeks prego with my first, and that was kids enough for me! No MORE CAMPING!

Amy's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones