Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Grace's cousin Chase goes to preschool at The University of Utah. They had a Halloween parade and party and Grace was invited to join in the festivities.Grace was a Princess (of course)......and Chase went as Iron Man.Jacob was a Pea. And a darn cute one, if I don't say so myself.Grace had a hard time grasping the idea of getting a treat from the parents standing along the parade path. She just had fun being dressed up, with her cousin Chase, and running around with a bunch of kids.And here you have The Princess and The Pea. So, I sat Jacob next to Grace on these steps to get a photo. I told Grace, "Hold on to your brother so he wont fall." She tried for a while I think. But sure enough, Jacob took a little spill. First he tipped sideways and landed face first on the step, then he started to roll down off the step, but I caught him. I wasn't worried or panicked at all. I think I may have even laughed. And Jacob barely cried. But you should have seen the reaction from all the other parents. The gasps, the looks that said, "What an irresponsible parent! He could have cracked his skull!" Well, that was what I imagined them saying, anyway.The party after the parade was a blast. There were several stations for the kids to play at. Grace went strait to the table with scissors. She's been banned from them at home for a while. Also, Grace loved the little magnifying glasses she caught fishing.
They had this fun display where they put dry ice in a bucket. They they dipped a piece of yarn in a soap solution and sretched it carefully over the top of the bucket. Once it made a seal, the carbon dioxide would make a huge bubble until......Pop! The mist spills over. It looks really cool. Grace jumped back a bit the first time she watched it.

Jacob was so tired. But he always refuses to sleep. He snuggled in my arms like this for over an hour.

At the end of the party, one of the teachers read the kids a Halloween book. Grace got really excited and went and stood right in front of the book to get a better look. The teacher kindly explained to her, "Grace, you need to let everyone see the pictures. Sit on your pockets, please." Grace thought about this for several secinds then replied, very loudly, "But I dont have any pockets!"
And here's the four of us after the ward Trunk-Or-Treat. I went as a gypsie and Ricky went as a dad. (Creative, huh?)

1 comment:

Misty Moncur said...

What an adorable idea! The princess and the pea. Maybe next year I'll send mine as Beauty and the Beast! Haha!

Amy's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones