...and his name is daddy. So, now that we have two kids, Ricky and I have established a routine that works pretty well. I am up in the night with Jacob, so when Grace wakes up at the crack of dawn, Ricky gets up with her so I can sleep in a bit longer. This really seems to work well for all of us, but I do have one complaint. Grace has discovered that her dad is way cooler than her mom. He will play anything with her. Her favorite is building towers with her blocks. So on a typical morning, when I finally crawl out of bed with Jacob and go into Grace’s room, I find something that looks like this:

Yeah, like I said, way cooler than mommy. Who can compete with that?

Wanna know another cute part of this, though? I caught Ricky in Grace’s room the other day building a tower…by himself…no Grace. He loves it as much (if not more) than Grace does. I love it! And I guess that’s what makes a dad so cool. He’s still a kid in all the right ways.
2 comments:
The things you find yourself doing for your kid! I have no envy for the schedule. I did my time with babies, still seem shackled! It's almost to the point where I should but on a waiter clothes and jump when fingers snap out orders of drinks, food, and movies, or fix my toy. Great post though, being busted with blocks alone hmm..
It's way better than that roommate Dave had in college who got busted alone with Anne of Green Gables.
Post a Comment