Have I mentioned how happy I am that Grace gets to grow up so close to her cousins? I had a cousin growing up (“A” cousin. As in one.), but I rarely saw him. I just think cousins are the greatest thing. What could be better than having the fun of a sibling you don’t actually have to live with?Well, the other day Tasha, Molly, and I took the kids to the pond to feed the ducks. Here’s Grace, William, and Brooklyn climbing on the rail at the bridge. I watched Grace there and began to imagine her getting too confident with her footing and falling into the nasty, mucky water filled with duck crap and icky fish that look so big sometimes I think they'll eat the ducks. I knew if she did I would be half a second behind her. (The things we would do for our kids.) Then I realized that if that actually happened, and if the water was over my head (I really don’t know if it is or not), Tasha would probably have to jump in and save both of us because I don’t swim very well when I’m weighed down with a pregnant belly. Good thing no one fell in.



No comments:
Post a Comment