Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree,
Your branches green delight us.
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree,
Your branches green delight us.
They're green when summer days are bright;
They're green when winter snow is white.
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree,
Your branches green delight us!

We had quite the adventure a few weeks ago. Ricky's family went to Idaho to cut down a Christmas tree from
the wild! I used to live in Montana, so my brother would just go for a hike in woods around our house and cut down a tree. When I moved here to Utah, I couldn't believe how expensive a tree cost at a lot! To cut down a tree in the forest near Preston, Idaho, all you have to do is pay $10 for a permit and then, go get your tree. The drive to Idaho would be expensive, yes, but we were headed to Lava Hot Springs anyway. And it was really fun.

I wore Jacob in a wrap while we hiked. He was so tired the whole time, but he is a sleep fighter.

So this is how he looked the whole time.

Ricky found our tree. It was just the kind I love. Tall, narrow, sort of sparse. And the needles are a bit different than typical Christmas trees. It looked just like the tree Ricky and I had for the first Christmas after we were married. It's some kind of spruce.

Grace loved playing in the snow. Here she is making a mommy and a baby snow ball.

Always beautiful. Always funny haircut.
This is Jacob at the end of the trek. Still fighting with every ounce of energy he has left.
No comments:
Post a Comment