The University of Utah hosts a Halloween event each year. Each department has a house on Officer’s Circle. For the event, residents of each house choose a theme and decorate the house, wear costumes, and provide activities for children to do. It’s pretty amazing, actually. Some of the themes were: Mad Scientist, Mario Brothers (their costumes were amazing), Alice in Wonderland, and Up! At the Up! house they gave the kids a balloon with a small paper house tied to the end of the string. As we were leaving, I was saying something about seeing one of the houses flying away. Grace kept disagreeing with me about it. “You’re kidding.” “No, Grace. I’m not. The house must not have been heavy enough.” This went on for several minutes until, DUH! I finally got it. She thought I was talking about a real house.
Grace’s costume was really fun this year. (Heavy sarcasm.) First she was Goldilocks. I bought a blond wig and everything. Well, after wearing it to the Trunk-or-Treat, she decided she didn’t like the wig. So we tried to come up with something else for Trick-or-Treating the next night. It was the most interesting getup I ever saw. Her costume was part Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (ruby slippers,) part ballerina (tutu,) part chef (apron,) part Davey Crocket (raccoon hat.) Plus it changed throughout the night when she got tired of wearing something. Wow. That’s just about all I can say. Wow.







No comments:
Post a Comment