There’s a war going on in my home. It’s Jacob vs. Mom (aka me). The problem: Jacob won’t keep his diaper on. The solution: still working out the kinks on that one.
So, he’s taken off a wet diaper a few times before this most recent streak. But lately, it’s poop. The first time he took off a poopy diaper he was in the living room. After he was naked he decided to sit down on our 8’ x 5’ rug and ponder on his cleverness. I put Jacob in the bath and Ricky worked on the rug. It took him a lot longer than it took me. We ended up throwing the rug away. We decided that we needed to keep onesies on him from then on. I went shopping for more onesies the next day.
The next time, Jacob was in his crib. When Ricky walked in, Jacob had it in his hand. Ricky ran and got a plastic bag and had to firmly and repeatedly say, “Jacob! Drop it!” This time Ricky bathed Jacob and I cleaned out the crib. So Jacob can unsnap his onesies now. Great. Plan B: Onesies on backwards.
Plan B failed. The next time, Jacob was sitting on the small table we have in the kitchen that the kids eat at. Ricky wasn’t home for this one so I took care of it all. Plan C: overalls. The next day I went shopping for overalls. (Thank goodness for DI and Sweet Pea or we’d go broke.) Most overalls have snaps on the bottom, though. So I just sewed them shut. My sewing machine can’t handle some of the thick material, though, so I’m going to use crazy glue on those. Just try to get out of those, Jacob!
I almost couldn’t believe it when Plan C failed. Somehow, Jacob managed to take off a poopy diaper with his overalls still on! Curse you, offspring! He was sitting on the sofa. I came in the room, his diaper was to the right of him and a nice lump was to the left. We took the cover off the cushion and tossed it in the washing machine. I was tempted to toss Jacob in with it, but chances are he’d just think it was really fun and I’d have to find a way to lock the laundry room doors to keep him from trying to climb in every time I wasn’t looking.
I talked with my sister-in-law, Tasha about my adventures, and she suggested zip-up sleepers worn backwards. So, I went shopping for sleepers. It's hard to find a sleeper that is NOT fleece, has a zipper instead of snaps, and is a size 2T. But I did find a couple. Plus, most sleepers have feet, so I had to cut them out. Thus began Plan D.
So far, so good.






No comments:
Post a Comment