Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, William!


Today, you are four years old. Wow. You’ve grown up so fast. I remember when you were born. It was during our family reunion. Everyone was at Grampa George and Gramma Karen’s house; Poppop, Grampa Rulon, Nanny, all your aunts and uncles and cousins. We were all so excited when you were finally born. But especially your mom and dad. They had waited so long for you to come.


I remember coming to the hospital to see you. You had so much hair. I held your tiny swaddled body in my arms and nuzzled your neck. You smelled sweet, like vanilla. (Turns out, hospital pacifiers smell like vanilla.)

Then I watched you grow up. I loved it when you were about six months old, you would make the cutest bashful face. You would grin and cock your head to one side. It made me laugh so hard. You got a tricycle for your first birthday and your little feet couldn’t reach the pedals.

You loved trains (still do) and had an amazing train locating radar. You learned sign language with your mom, and you were really good at it. You’re so smart. I was amazed when I came over to visit you once and your dad had taught you how to use the computer. You picked it up so quickly (you take after your dad, that for sure) and could so it all by yourself. You are a great big brother. You’re so full of love and wonder. Happiness just emits from you like sunshine on a summer’s day.

I’m so glad I know you, little man. And I love you.

Love,
Aunt Amy
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Amy's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones